Feb 6, 2009

Its raining so heavy outside....

and it looks like no surf for me tomorrow.... 

Before  I got into surfing and making skate decks, I was so much into roots reggae and me and my buddy had a Sound System called "University of Roots and Culture Sound System" in Tokyo and play roots reggae and dub. We used one turntable and pre-amp connected directly to 2 x 4000w power amp and big stack of speaker boxes just like you seen in this video. No compressor or limiters. Straight from the vinyl we spin.


Although this video is from 78 ( the year I was born and the hottest year for the roots reggae! most of my favorite tune are recorded in 78), 31 years later they are still playing same way in UK.

Here is the king of roots reggae sound system "Jah Shaka".



The name Shakastics is came from the surfing but also from love for the roots reggae.

I think I am going to start podcast soon.

Have a nice weekend!

Shaka! 

2 comments: